Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's soooo hot!


Wow! It's really hot here. As I've been sitting here working on some scrapbooking layouts (of course) the temperature keeps climbing outside. According to weatherbug, it's 94 in the next large town. And that means it's usually a couple of degrees hotter out here. People just laugh and say it's a dry heat, but I say heat is heat!


I worked out in the garden this morning before it got too warm. By 9:30, I was plenty ready to come inside. The peas are looking fantastic and so are the beans, spuds, raspberries, onions, lettuce, carrots, corn and tomatoes. Even the peppers, cucumbers, and zucchini look wonderful. The garden is doing so well this year. I feel really pleased with it. It's taken a lot of work, but I feel so much better health wise this year that getting out there isn't the burden it has been in years past.


I find I actually like weeding sometimes. Especially when it's cool and quiet outside. Kind of like my own quiet time to think and meditate on the weightier things of the universe. Haven't solved any great problems yet, but I'm learing a lot about myself.


I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday. It will be nice to have everyone home together. We are going to celebrate Grandpa and Grandma's anniversary with a picnic. Hopefully we will have lots of ice! LOL Supposed to be windy, so maybe the fireworks will be postponed. I hope not. There's something really neat about knowing that people all over the country are celebrating at the same time.

No comments: