Sunday, June 22, 2008

Adding to the list




Since the last post of the "you know you work in medicine..." items, I've added a couple more to the list. Just edited it, so if you want to see more, go down the list and have a look. Very funny stuff.




Today I'm playing around with a couple of pics of me that hubby took. He had to be coached, of course. If I didn't ask to have my picture taken once in a while, I wouldn't exist in the family photo albums or scrapbook pages. I don't think I'm a camera hog, but maybe I am. Maybe I'm homelier than a mud fence and no one really wants me in the family album. Who knows. But I digress.






The theme for the pics is "make mine dark", as in dark chocolate. For some reason, I really, and I mean really like dark chocolate. But the Hershey's Dark stuff isn't good anymore. Not even the m&m's. I'm kind of partial to the Dove Dark. And the Lindor Truffles in the Dark are divine. I can't get enough of those. When I find a sale on them, I get not one, but two bags. Delish! When I'm finished with the project, it will be a scrapbook page of me eating chocolate. I already edited the pics and made them black and white. Funny how pretty my complexion can be when I get done with all the computer touchups. Black and white gets rid of my freckles. Gotta love that!




Too hot here to do much today, and the fact that it's Sunday makes it certain that I won't be doing anything at all. I may go out to the garden and cut a bit of lettuce to stick in the fridge. I found that if you soak it in bowl of distilled water and put it in the fridge overnight it keeps it crispy and takes all the bitterness out of it. Who would have thunk it. I got the idea for the fridge from an obscure internet reference, but the idea for the distilled water making it crispy is from a friend.




Went fishing yesterday, but didn't catch anything. DS whined and complained the whole time that we were trolling, because we were trolling and because he is 14. Imagine that. DD tried to jump out of the boat into the water, but chickened out and just held onto the side. She sure is brave. She had her lifejacket on, so wasn't in any danger. The water was so deep that the anchor wouldn't even touch bottom with a 30 foot rope. But it was clear and green, with no moss to speak of. I only lost my gear once when my line got cut by the prop on the motor. Dang it. I hate losing pop gear! Before you get all jealous, bear in mind that our boat is a fishing dighy that was made in 1973. There is absolutely nothing fancy about it. But it gets us on the water and off the dock, so it's perfect.




Loving this summer weather so we can finally get outside. 2 weeks ago, we had snow! Today it is closer to 85. Yippee summer!

No comments: